The RTI Act, 2005 prescribes a simple procedure to obtain information. The following simple steps may be followed for applying an RTI Application:
- On a sheet of white paper, write out the application by hand, or type it, in English, Hindi or the official language of the area. You can also ask the State public information officer to put it in writing.
- Address the application to the State Public Information Officer. Write the name of the office and the complete correct address. Clearly mention ‘Seeking information under the RTI Act, 2005’ in your subject line.
- State your request in the form of specific, detailed questions, and mention the period/year your request falls into. Ask for documents or extracts of documents, if required. To obtain documents, the applicant has to make a payment of Rs. 2 per page.
- Pay Rs. 10 to file the plea. This can be done in the form of cash, Indian Postal Order, Bank draft or a Court fee stamp. The stamp should be affixed to the application. Applicants below the poverty line (BPL) need not make the payment but have to attach a copy of the BPL certificate along with the application. Provide your full name and address, contact details, and sign the application clearly. Put in the date and the name of your town.
- Take a photocopy of the application and keep one with you for future reference. Send your application by post or hand it in personally to the department concerned. Don’t forget to get an acknowledgement.
- The law mandates that information be provided in 30 days. If this does not happen, you can file an appeal. The first appeal should be addressed to ‘The Appellate Authority’ with the name of the department and the address. The appellate authority is mandated to revert in 30 days from the date of receipt of the appeal. If the Appellate authority fails to reply, further appeals lie with the Information Commission, the Chief Information Commissioner, State/Central Information Commission.
First Appellate Authority:-
Name :- Sri Rupak Gupta, ACS
Designation :- Director of Land Requisition Acquisition & Reforms, Assam
Contact No :- 9435070219
Email-id :- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
State Public Information Officer(SPIO):-
Name :- Sri Uttambir Basumatary, AFS
Designation :- Finance & Accounts Officer, O/O the DLRAR, Assam
Mobile No :- 73995-44660
Email-id :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Location & Address of this Directorate
Directorate of Land Requisition Acquisition &Reforms, Assam,
Rajah Bhawan (2nd Floor), Roopnagar, Guwahati-32.
Telephone No. 0361-2453915
Fax No. 0361-2453915
e-mail id:- email@example.com